Getting more from your remote teams
Learn how to enhance your remote team's performance — read on for expert agile tips & strategies.
Agile is now commonly used in many organisations but most people struggle when the conditions are not in the ideal agile sweet spot of co-location and small teams.
In fact, most organisations rarely experience situations that are ideal for agile due to working internationally, with multiple teams and perhaps 3rd party suppliers.
With the increase of remote working due to Covid-19, organisations which never previously had to manage remote teams, must now do so.
Although this video was recorded before the Covid-19 pandemic, its insights into how to get the most out of your remote agile teams are valid today for anyone involved in managing remote teams. The presentation will directly address how to improve agile in a distributed context. It will challenge existing perceptions and present alternatives that may surprise you.
In the video Keith looks at how to get the best from your distributed agile teams. Keith focuses on what the number one problem really is and this may not be what you think it is!
This video looks at what things you need to get right and covers areas including:
- How do you get agile to work on large-scale projects when teams are in different locations?
- How do you address widely differing time zones with small overlaps?
- How significant are cultural differences?
- How do you create a ‘rich communication’ environment?
- What problems are to do with agile, and what are just problems, and nothing to do with agile!
- How important are the tools you use?
- Do traditional project management disciplines have a role to play?
Click the button below to watch the video.
To see a PDF version of the presentation used in this video, click the button below.
agileKRC has helped shape agile thinking by leading the teams that developed AgilePM® and PRINCE2 Agile®. We take a practical, success-oriented approach. We begin by taking the time to listen and understand your needs, before offering our real-world experience and expert guidance.