Do we need Project Managers anymore now that we have Scrum? Is the Scrum Master a Project Manager by another name? Do the roles overlap? Can we combine them?
At agileKRC we are finding that these are still very common questions to many. Surprisingly these questions are still being asked by many mature organisations who have been practising agile for many years now.
This webinar recording looked at the differences between the two roles and how to apply the roles correctly to different situations. It looked at:
- How agile operates in different contexts and environments
- What are the ideal conditions for Scrum and the Scrum Master?
- The 3 most common ways to work with these two roles
- Can servant leadership coexist with project management?
- Do we need single points of contact?
- What goes wrong when you apply these roles poorly?
At agileKRC we see the confusion and problems that can occur when a far too simplistic approach is taken to the correct use of these roles. Sometimes the answer is easy, but at other times there is the need to tread very carefully and blend together concepts that have been created from different philosophical origins.
Making the right decisions with these two roles can make your life a lot easier.
A copy of the slides can be found here.