Project and product environment differences and why it matters
Do we still need project managers? Do we still need the concept of a project? Has the adoption of agile by organisations mean that these ideas are no longer relevant in today’s world?
During our agile project management courses we find these very common questions as organisations understand more about agile and want to push themselves further on their own agile journey.
At agileKRC we often see the confusion and associated problems within organisations using agile and we know how we can help to remove it.
Organisations which are clear about these questions are in a healthy position with their agile ways of working and they can benefit from making an informed choice.
In this video, Keith Richards, the Founder of agileKRC explains the differences between working on a project and working on a product.
In the video Keith covers the following:
- What is the difference between these project and product environments?
- Why understanding the differences matter.
- How to tell the difference between them.
- How to maximise the benefits of using agile approaches such as Scrum, Kanban and DSDM.
- How can you create a simple set of rules to understand the difference.
- What do you do if you realise you have made an incorrect choice.
- Using Agile in complicated situations.
- The ‘one size fits all’ approach.
To watch the video, click the button.
To download a PDF version of the presentation used in this webinar, click the button below.
agileKRC has helped shape agile thinking by leading the teams that developed AgilePM® and PRINCE2 Agile®. We take a practical, success-oriented approach. We begin by taking the time to listen and understand your needs, before offering our real-world experience and expert guidance.