Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) course features
Accredited by: Scrum Alliance.
Certificate: Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO).
Format: Virtual classroom.
Duration: 2 days.
Exams: Not applicable.
Course code: CSPO
2-day Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) course
- 2 days of high-quality, interactive training from a Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer® and Agile expert with almost 20 years’ training and consulting experience.
- Course materials handbook (online PDF).
- Certified Scrum Product Owner Certification upon successful completion of the course and registration with the Scrum Alliance (course is not examined).
- 2 years’ membership to the Scrum Alliance.
- For PMI Project Management Professionals (PMPs), this course provides 16 Professional Development Units (PDUs).
- Agil8 Community membership including face-to-face and virtual networking and knowledge sharing opportunities, access to industry experts, special offers and invitations to special events.
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) course details
- Duration: 2 days.
- Times: 09:00 to 17:00.
None, upon completion of this course you will receive a welcome email from Scrum Alliance prompting you to accept the license agreement for your CSPO certification. After accepting the agreement, you will be able to download and print copies of your certification.
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) qualification teaches Scrum product owner core competencies, purpose and strategy, customer and user management, product assumptions and product backlog management.
This Scrum course is a pre-requisite for the Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner and Certified Scrum Professional®-Product Owner qualifications.
Scrum framework overview
- Sprints, increments and releases.
- The Scrum roles: Product owner, Scrum Master, development teams.
- Teamwork and impact on traditional roles.
- Scrum with third party contractual relationships.
- Scrum meetings.
Product vision and roadmap
- Stakeholder engagement and management.
- Product business model and market analysis.
- Setting project scope and objectives..
- Defining and communicating the product vision.
Building and managing the product backlog
- Defining product backlog items.
- User stories and other requirements techniques.
- Prioritizing and ordering the product backlog.
- Splitting and sizing backlog items.
- Prioritization – MoSCoW and Kano analysis.
- The definition of ‘done.’
- Understanding the sprint backlog.
- The daily Scrum meeting.
- Acceptance criteria and acceptance testing.
- The sprint review meeting.
- Burn down charts and Scrum boards.
- The sprint retrospective.
- Release planning.
- Estimating and velocity.
- Progress tracking and forecasting.
Scaling the product owner role in Scrum
- Product ownership with multiple scrum teams.
- Product ownership with distributed scrum teams.
This 2-day Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) training course will give you a good understanding of Scrum Product Owner principles and practices. Successful candidates will learn how to:
- Discuss organizational contexts that affect the approach to the product owner role.
- Identify the impact of anti-patterns that might exist for product owners.
- Provide transparency to stakeholders on progress toward goals.
- Overcome the challenges of being a product owner for multiple teams.
- Describe how to plan a product release.
- Describe why a product owner performs discovery and validation work.
- How to prioritize conflicting customer (or user) needs.
- Identify how product discovery contributes to successful product outcomes.
- Identify the benefits of development team direct interactions.
- Validate product assumptions by their cost and quality of learning.
- Describe the relationship between outcome and output and describe the attributes of a product backlog item that help assess maximizing outcome.
- Describe multiple approaches to product backlog refinement.
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) exam
Unlike the Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) course, the Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) course is not examined.
Delegates automatically gain CSPO certification after registration with the Scrum Alliance.
What students say
About Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certifications
“Excellent instructor brought a wealth of knowledge and first-hand experience to the course delivery. Through the training I feel well equipped to be an effective product owner.”
“Although I have been working as a product owner, I felt I wanted to refresh my knowledge on the theory behind the framework. This course examined the theory but in a very interactive way, that kept our attention and helped us put things into practice immediately.”
“I really enjoyed the product owner training. Some of items we covered reinforced things that I already do. There were also some new tips and ideas which I feel will help me to approach challenges differently.”
“The course was excellent. It was interactive and brought practical applications to life.”
Get in touch
For information about our agile training or consulting services in the UK or globally, then start a conversation. Our experienced and passionate consultants are here to talk with you.
To chat, click the button at the bottom, phone +44 (0) 20 7039 3679, or fill in the form.