Kanban System Design (KMP I) course features
Format: Virtual classroom.
Duration: 3 days.
Course code: KMP1
3-day Kanban System Design (KMP I) course
- 3- days of high-quality instruction from an experience Kanban practitioner and professional Kanban trainer.
- Course materials.
- Membership to the Kanban University.
- Kanban University certificate of course completion.
- 16 Scrum Education Units (SEU’s) can be claimed for this course and used as part of your Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Professional application.
Kanban Systems Design (KMP I) course details
- Duration: 3 days.
- Times: 9.00 am – 1.30 pm.
Kanban Systems Design (KMP I) courses teach the basic principles of Kanban and allow candidates to successfully plan, implement, manage and improve the Kanban system in their organization.
This Kanban course is required before taking the Kanban Systems Improvement (KMP II) course.
Introduction to Kanban
- What is Kanban.
- Managing change with Kanban.
- Kanban principles and practices.
Kanban work items
- Demand analysis.
- Using Kanban cards.
- Sizing work items.
- Kanban boards and value streams.
- Setting up a Kanban Board.
- Kanban board variations.
Work in Progress (WIP)
- Calculating lead time.
- Calculating throughput.
- Calculating release time.
- How to apply WIP Limits.
Kanban management policies
- Definition of ‘done.’
- Classes of service.
- Cost of delay.
- Service level agreements.
Measuring and managing flow
- Cumulative flow diagrams.
- How to use the cumulative flow diagrams to identify problems.
- Five steps to removing bottlenecks.
- Interpreting a control chart.
- Interpreting a lead time distribution chart.
- Cadence and rhythm.
- Daily stand-ups.
- Operations review.
Tailoring Kanban for your organization
- The context for change.
- Applying Kanban to your organisation.
- Making a roll-out plan for your organisation.
This 3-day Kanban Systems Design (KMP I) training course will give you a good understanding of Kanban principles and practices. Successful candidates will learn how to:
- Understand what Kanban is and what Kanban can do.
- Lead your team in their adoption of Kanban – from initial visualization and the design of Kanban systems through to evolutionary change.
- Answer questions and support your team through day-to-day operations.
- Help your team to identify and resolve obstacles to workflow.
- Take measurements and create meaningful metrics to help your team.
- Evolve Kanban processes and practices according to your teams’ needs.
- Connect with the Kanban community and develop new ideas and techniques
- And much more!
Kanban System Design (KMP I) exam
There is no exam for the Kanban System Design (KMP I) course.
Candidates who attend the full course will have their attendance recorded and be made eligible to attend the Kanban Systems Improvement (KMP II) course
What students say
About Kanban Systems Design (KMP I) training
“I have spent some years working with Kanban, but this course really helped my understanding”
“If you are looking to implement Kanban in your organisation this is the perfect course for you”
“Engaging, informative and an excellent starter to using Kanban to help achieve better delivery.”
“Great course, loved the balance between theory and practical”
Get in touch
For information about our agile training or consulting services in the UK or globally, then start a conversation. Our experienced and passionate consultants are here to talk with you.
To chat, click the button at the bottom, phone +44 (0) 20 7039 3679, or fill in the form.