AgileBA Foundation course features
Certificate: AgileBA Foundation (APMG).
Format: Virtual classroom.
Duration: 3 days.
Exams: Included (taken online).
Course code: ABAF
3-day AgileBA Foundation course
- Tuition from an accredited, expert AgileBA trainer.
- AgileBA Foundation exam.
- AgileBA Foundation sample exam.
- Agile Business Analysis (AgileBA) Handbook.
- Course reading materials.
AgileBA Foundation course details
- Duration: 3 days.
- Times: 09:00 to 17:00.
AgileBA Foundation exam voucher included. Candidates may sit their exams at any time within 12 months of purchase.
The Agile BA Foundation-level qualification measures whether a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of agile business analysis to recognise and exploit key elements of the approach.
The Agile BA Foundation qualification is a pre-requisite for the higher AgileBA Practitioner qualification.
The holistic view of the business
- The agile business analyst (BA) role in relation to mission and objectives.
- How to analyse the business environment.
- Measuring the success of implementing change.
The agile landscape
- What is Agile? Approaches and frameworks.
- Why is agile needed?
- Role and responsibilities of the agile BA and agile team.
- Stakeholder types / personas.
- RACI and RASCI in agile.
- Empowerment of stakeholders in an agile project.
Dealing with Requirements
- The agile approach to requirements.
- User stories, epics and acceptance criteria.
- The agile business analyst’s link to quality and testing.
- The agile requirements life cycle.
- Checking completeness.
The Agile Business Case
- Strategic and project business cases.
- Understanding the business problem.
- Gap analysis and value streams.
- The role of facilitation in agile.
- How to organise and run a facilitated workshop.
- Combining and prioritising requirements.
- Customer perception and expectation.
Modelling and prototyping
- 6 perspectives for modelling.
- Tacit information.
- Reasons and perspectives for prototyping.
Working in a timebox
- Timebox structure and iterative development.
This 3-day training course explores the most popular agile approaches and uses the DSDM Agile Project Framework to guide agile business analysts through the phases of an agile project.
Candidates learn a practical understanding of the difference between agile business analysis and traditional business analysis, including detailed definitions of the agile business case and how to develop an agile business case.
This Agile BA Foundation course will enable delegates to:
- Successfully gather, analyse and validate requirements throughout an agile project.
- Identify stakeholders, personas and understand their involvement in agile.
- Describe the competencies and techniques of an agile business analyst (BA).
- Understand the BA role in the agile team and the organisation.
- Capture and manage effective requirements for incremental solution delivery.
- Recognise how an agile business case differs from a traditional business case.
- Learn how modelling techniques fit into an agile environment.
- Understand the importance of facilitated workshops.
- Understand the different ways of working as a BA in agile.
AgileBA Foundation exam
Pass mark: 50% (25/50).
Duration: 40 minutes.
What students say
About AgileBA Foundation certification
“Liked the course because of the content. Very professional instructor who was knowledgeable and obviously had practical experience in agile.”
“Very valuable. Effective combination of theory and practice.”
“The course was well-run, my course material and handbook were delivered to me very quickly.”
“Great instructors, really good quality of content, ease of use and support. Highly recommend!”
Get in touch
For information about our agile training or consulting services in the UK or globally, then start a conversation. Our experienced and passionate consultants are here to talk with you.
To chat, click the button at the bottom, phone +44 (0) 20 7039 3679, or fill in the form.