Why Agile PM?
- Tried and tested corporate approach
- Based on the well-established Agile Business Consortium's Agile Project Framework (launched in 1994).
- Provides governance & rigour along with the agility & flexibility required by organizations today.
- Adopted by a wide range of organizations representing various sectors & industries.
- Addresses the full project lifecycle (beyond product development)
- The informality of agile approaches can often be daunting and too risky.
- AgilePM offers a mature approach combining agility & flexibility with project concepts such as project delivery & project management.
- Clear roles & responsibilities
- AgilePM assigns clear roles & responsibilities in a project, including representatives of the business, solution/technical, management and process interests.
- AgilePM advocates typical agile concepts such as close collaboration, open communication & team empowerment to break down potential communication barriers.
- Quality, governance & risk management
- AgilePM advocates high-level acceptance criteria at different stages in the project lifecycle to ensure solutions meet business need & project objectives.
- AgilePM addresses common project risks, incorporating a Project Approach Questionnaire for understanding risks & their mitigation.
- One of the framework’s underlying principles is Never Compromise Quality.
- Popular agile practices incorporated to support effective solution development
- MoSCoW prioritisation.
- Iterative development.
- Facilitated workshops.
- Integrates with existing processes
- AgilePM is designed to work alongside more formalized project management approaches and quality processes such as PRINCE2® and ISO9001.
Who should attend AgilePM Foundation training?
Agile Project Management (AgilePM) Foundation training is suitable for any of the following:
- Practicing project managers (junior up to senior).
- Agile team members wishing to become Agile Project Managers.
- Project support (e.g. team members, developers).
An Agile PM Foundation course is suitable for people from all industries and sectors. Foundation courses are especially well suited to volatile and innovative projects, where requirements often change (e.g. software development projects).
Benefits to individuals
The benefits of Agile PM to individuals include:
- You can learn to deliver quicker, cost-effective and low risk change by implementing a tried and tested approach to agile project management.
- You can understand the background of agile project management and the differences compared to traditional project management approaches and methodologies.
- You will equip yourself with the core principles, concepts and processes required for the successful agile management of projects.
- You will learn how to apply the Agile Project Framework to projects.
- It will boost your communication and stakeholder engagement skills which are critical for successful projects.
- It helps clarify different management styles needed for successful agile projects and be able to tailor these to the needs of your projects.
- It embraces an evolutionary development approach for more effective solutions.
- It enables you to incorporate an Agile methodology into your daily work activities.
- It enables you to become an informed member of a project team using the Agile Project Framework and AgilePM practices.
- It enhances your CV and boosts your future employment prospects.
- You get a year’s free membership to the Agile Business Consortium if you pass your AgilePM exams.
Benefits to organizations
The benefits for organizations of Agile PM include enabling your organization to:
- Deliver change faster and more effectively by adopting a tried & tested approach to agile project management (the underlying Agile Project Framework was established in 1994 and has been regularly improved ever since).
- Use a structured and scalable corporate Agile framework based on proven agile practices.
- Achieve an ideal balance between the standards, rigour and visibility required for good project management, and the fast-pace, change and empowerment provided by Agile.
- Apply a framework which covers the full project lifecycle, from initiation & foundations through to project close.
- Ensure clear roles & responsibilities are allocated on a project including representatives of the business, solution/technical, management and process interests.
- Utilize the built-in quality, governance and risk management controls to ensure ongoing viability of the project throughout the life cycle.
- Deliver effective product and solution development by incorporating and encouraging a range of popular agile practices.
- Deliver effectively, at a lower cost and with lower risk, by continually validating project milestones against business objectives.
- Incorporate change management processes to ensure support for end users and other project stakeholders.
- Achieve improved collaboration and communications between project teams and stakeholders.
- Complement and works with existing corporate processes such as PRINCE2®, quality and audit processes.
AgilePM Foundation course features
Certificate: AgilePM Foundation (APMG).
Format: Virtual classroom.
Duration: 3 days.
Exams: Included (taken online).
Course code: APMF
Practitioner course features
Certificate: AgilePM Practitioner (APMG).
Prerequisites: AgilePM Foundation.
Format: Virtual classroom.
Duration: 1 day.
Exams: Included (taken online).
Course code: APMP
AgilePM Foundation course details
- Duration: 3 days.
- Times: 09:00 to 17:00.
- Foundation exam: Day 3 afternoon.
The AgilePM Foundation-level qualification measures whether a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Agile Project Management Foundation guidance to recognise and distinguish between key elements of the approach.
The Foundation qualification is a pre-requisite for the Practitioner qualification.
- What is Agile?
- What is AgilePM and DSDM?
- The fundamentals.
- Philosophy and principles.
- Roles and responsibilities.
- Teams and team structures.
- Project constraints.
- Success factors.
- Approach questionnaire.
- Phases and products.
- Lifecycle configuration.
Techniques and practices
- MoSCoW prioritisation.
- Estimation and measurement.
- Quality and maintainability.
- Planning, control and risk.
- Implementing agile project management.
AgilePM Foundation exam
Pass mark: 50% (25/50).
Duration: 40 minutes.
AgilePM Practitioner exam
Questions: 4 (20 marks each).
Pass mark: 50% (40/80).
Duration: 2.5 hours.
Style: Open-book (Handbook permitted).
Pre-requisites: AgilePM Foundation.
AgilePM Foundation students will understand the key principles and terminology within the Agile Management guidance including:
- The underpinning philosophy and principles of Agile.
- The lifecycle of an Agile project, including alternative configurations.
- The products produced during an Agile project and their purpose.
- The techniques used and their benefits and limitations.
- The roles and responsibilities within an Agile project.
About the AgilePM Agile Project Management Handbook
AgilePM courses are based upon the AgilePM Agile Project Management Handbook v2.
The handbook describes a practical and repeatable methodology that achieves a balance between the standards, rigour and visibility required for good project management, and the fast-pace, change and empowerment provided by Agile.
The handbook is based on the Agile Business Consortium's Agile Project Framework (established for over 20 years).
The handbook brings together the many different elements found in a project but in an Agile context. These are:
- Principles (the behaviours).
- People (roles and responsibilities).
- Process (the life cycle).
- Products (what is produced and when).
- Practices (timeboxing, modelling, iterative development, prioritization and facilitated workshops).
In short, it offers a structured and scalable corporate Agile framework based on proven practice.
3-day Agile PM Foundation course
- Tuition from an accredited, expert AgilePM trainer.
- AgilePM Foundation exam.
- AgilePM Foundation sample exams.
- AgilePM Agile Project Management Handbook v2.
- Course materials.
Why choose us?
agileKRC are Agile experts with over 20 to 25 years of experience in Agile Project Management training and consulting, delivering agile courses accredited by the APMG.
Keith Richards, the founder of agileKRC was the Lead Author of AgilePM and DSDM - Dynamic Systems Development Methodology.
Keith has been at the forefront of the agile movement in the UK and has helped to bring agile project management best practices to a wider audience.
agileKRC was independently verified as a Leader for Agile Project Management training in the Trusted Training Radar® report for Agile Project Management Training (Spring 2020).
agileKRC received the highest ratings of any Agile Project Management training provider for learner satisfaction and confidence to deliver training outcomes.
What students say
About AgilePM Foundation
“The AgilePM Foundation certificate has opened up a lot of opportunities for me in my career. Now I am able to set up an Agile project, assign roles and responsibilities, create prioritized lists of requirements, define increments and timeboxes, manage a solution development team, use Agile techniques and present the benefits of Agile approaches to senior management.”
“I have been trusted to further implement more processes and to fully manage large application projects. Speaking with management, they are really pleased with the processes I am enforcing and are seeing financial benefits because of it. Projects are being delivered on time and under budget.”
“I really learnt a lot -it was an eye-opener to see how projects can be run in an Agile manner. The content covered is very relevant and therefore valuable in my current environment.”
“It was truly one of the most enjoyable courses / certifications I have completed. Our company is ‘transforming’ to Agile and this training has truly benefitted me and my career tremendously.”
“A fresh way of approaching a successful project outcome. Love it. Very different from the traditional methodology, allowing a different approach to implementing the solution and providing the end user with earlier results.”
Get in touch
Susan began her career in the fast-paced world of US finance, delivering major technology and telecoms programmes at Wells Fargo and Chase Manhattan Bank. After spending some time managing IT projects using both agile and traditional methods such as PRINCE2, Susan earned an MSc in Training and Development, before moving to London to pursue her dream of training and travelling.
Students praise Susan for her expertise and friendly personality.
Jumoke is an exceptional AgilePM and DevOps trainer who has managed large IT and telecoms projects/programmes around the world.
A chartered telecoms engineer with over 10 years delivering telecoms projects, Jumoke gained experience working for Fujitsu, Atos, Centrica, O2, Vodafone and Save the Children.
Jumoke is known for her positive and approachable training style, and you can certainly feel confident you are being trained by a professional with real experience in the field.
agileKRC is an Accredited Training Provider for AgilePM, AgileBA, PRINCE2 Agile, and is an accredited partner of the Agile Business Consortium, a not-for-profit professional body for business agility.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, all classroom courses have been replaced with virtual classroom courses.
Features of a virtual learning environment
AgilePM virtual classroom courses are a great learning alternative if you want to get your Agile Project Management certification with the help of an accredited instructor.
What you need
- Any home computer or mobile device.
- Web browser software.
- Audio device.
- Internet connection.
Our virtual classes use the latest educational technology. These are some of the tools which you will use in our virtual classroom:
- Interactive whiteboards.
- Video between you, your trainer and other students.
- Recordings of the classes which you can playback later.
- Online chat rooms where you can talk with other students and get feedback from your instructor.
- Online exam simulators.
- Online quizzes.
- Online live exams.
- Offline materials (AglePM Handbook) to supplant the online teaching.
Benefits of virtual classroom training
Our virtual classes provide all the benefits of distance education combined with an interactive, social learning in an online training environment.