Why AgileBA certification?
The ongoing success of agile frameworks has driven a growing need for specialists trained in agile tools and practices. Having experience in agile is just one half of the equation. To successfully pursue an agile career, you need to have professionally recognized certifications to demonstrate your expertise to potential employers.
AgileBA training equips candidates with the skills to successfully fulfil the role of an agile business analyst. This qualification has a well-deserved reputation owing to it being developed by the Agile Business Consortium. [MORE]
Who should attend AgileBA training?
AgileBA training is suitable for any of the following:
- Business analysts from traditional business backgrounds and those who wish to gain an agile perspective.
- Members of agile teams or those who wish to work as within an agile framework.
- Agile business visionaries and product owners.
- Agile scrum masters or agile team leaders.
- Agile business ambassadors and testers.
- Agile project managers.
AgileBA training is applicable to a wide range of sectors and industries. It is particularly well suited to volatile and innovative projects, where project scope is more likely to change (i.e. software development).
Benefits to individuals
- Understand the Business Analyst (BA) role in relation to mission and objectives.
- Learn to adapt your business analyst approach to suit different contexts and sectors.
- Ensure development teams create valuable solutions.
- Help face issues and establish approaches by analysing fundamental problems and eliciting real needs.
- Support agile projects, development teams and product owners with creative and innovative solutions.
- Work as part of cross-functional teams as either a specialist or multi-functional generalist, providing help where it is most needed.
Benefits to organizations
- Trained agile Business Analysts (BAs) can help significantly increase your ROI by increasing the efficiency of your investments and solutions.
- Agile BAs can also help reduce the cost of implementing, maintaining and improving your business solutions.
- A skilled agile BA can determine new needs, prioritize those needs, make necessary changes and ultimately help your business realize additional benefits that it would not have otherwise gained.
- Business analysts are a critical component of any project. A strong agile business analyst can save a project from failure.
- A trained agile business analyst identifies which projects will best serve your businesses’ overall objectives, ensuring no project is ever a ‘wasted effort.’
- An agile business analyst can help reduce company costs by identifying and implementing more cost-effective solutions.
- By working closely with stakeholders, business analysts reduce the chance of project failure and help your projects align more closely with stakeholder demands and expectations.
AgileBA Foundation course features
Certificate: AgileBA Foundation (APMG).
Format: Virtual classroom.
Duration: 3 days.
Exams: Included (taken online).
Course code: ABAF
AgileBA Foundation course details
- Duration: 3 days.
- Times: 09:00 to 17:00.
AgileBA Foundation exam voucher included. Candidates may sit their exams at any time within 12 months of purchase.
The Agile BA Foundation-level qualification measures whether a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of agile business analysis to recognise and exploit key elements of the approach.
The Agile BA Foundation qualification is a pre-requisite for the higher AgileBA Practitioner qualification.
The holistic view of the business
- The agile business analyst (BA) role in relation to mission and objectives.
- How to analyse the business environment.
- Measuring the success of implementing change.
The agile landscape
- What is Agile? Approaches and frameworks.
- Why is agile needed?
- Role and responsibilities of the agile BA and agile team.
- Stakeholder types / personas.
- RACI and RASCI in agile.
- Empowerment of stakeholders in an agile project.
Dealing with Requirements
- The agile approach to requirements.
- User stories, epics and acceptance criteria.
- The agile business analyst’s link to quality and testing.
- The agile requirements life cycle.
- Checking completeness.
The Agile Business Case
- Strategic and project business cases.
- Understanding the business problem.
- Gap analysis and value streams.
- The role of facilitation in agile.
- How to organise and run a facilitated workshop.
- Combining and prioritising requirements.
- Customer perception and expectation.
Modelling and prototyping
- 6 perspectives for modelling.
- Tacit information.
- Reasons and perspectives for prototyping.
Working in a timebox
- Timebox structure and iterative development.
AgileBA Foundation exam
Pass mark: 50% (25/50).
Duration: 40 minutes.
This 3-day training course explores the most popular agile approaches and uses the DSDM Agile Project Framework to guide agile business analysts through the phases of an agile project.
Candidates learn a practical understanding of the difference between agile business analysis and traditional business analysis, including detailed definitions of the agile business case and how to develop an agile business case.
This Agile BA Foundation course will enable delegates to:
- Successfully gather, analyse and validate requirements throughout an agile project.
- Identify stakeholders, personas and understand their involvement in agile.
- Describe the competencies and techniques of an agile business analyst (BA).
- Understand the BA role in the agile team and the organisation.
- Capture and manage effective requirements for incremental solution delivery.
- Recognise how an agile business case differs from a traditional business case.
- Learn how modelling techniques fit into an agile environment.
- Understand the importance of facilitated workshops.
- Understand the different ways of working as a BA in agile.
About the AgileBA Business Analysis Handbook
The AgileBA Handbook is made to give useful and practical advice to those studying AgileBA. It provides context to the agile business analyst role beyond individual projects, relating agile business analysis practices to overall organizational mission and strategy.
This handbook provides an additional layer of depth and guidance for business analysis in the agile context.
The AgileBA practices detailed within are presented within the framework of DSDM, but many other generic and popular agile techniques are also included.
This is the official supporting text to the AgileBA certification and exam.
3-day AgileBA Foundation course
- Tuition from an accredited, expert AgileBA trainer.
- AgileBA Foundation exam.
- AgileBA Foundation sample exam.
- Agile Business Analysis (AgileBA) Handbook.
- Course reading materials.
Why choose us?
Keith Richards, the founder of agileKRC was the Lead Author of Dynamic Systems Development Methodology (DSDM Atern) and PRINCE2 Agile®.
Keith has been at the forefront of the agile movement in the UK and has helped to bring agile project management to a wider audience.
What students say
About AgileBA Foundation certification
“Liked the course because of the content. Very professional instructor who was knowledgeable and obviously had practical experience in agile.”
“Very valuable. Effective combination of theory and practice.”
“The course was well-run, my course material and handbook were delivered to me very quickly.”
“Great instructors, really good quality of content, ease of use and support. Highly recommend!”
Get in touch
agileKRC is an Accredited Training Provider for AgileBA. Accredited by the APMG (APM Group) International.
agileKRC is an accredited partner of the Agile Business Consortium, a not-for-profit professional body for business agility.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, all agile certification courses have been replaced with virtual classroom courses.
Features of a virtual learning environment
Agile virtual classroom courses are a great learning alternative if you want to get your agile certification with the help of an accredited instructor.
What you need
- Any home computer or mobile device.
- Web browser software.
- Audio device.
- Internet connection.
Our virtual classes use the latest educational technology. These are some of the tools which you will use in our virtual classroom:
- Interactive whiteboards.
- Video between you, your trainer and other students.
- Recordings of the classes which you can playback later.
- Online chat rooms where you can talk with other students and get feedback from your instructor.
- Online exam simulators.
- Online quizzes.
- Online live exams.
- Offline materials to support online teaching.
Benefits of virtual classroom training
Our virtual classes provide all the benefits of distance education combined with an interactive, social learning in an online training environment.