Consultancy is a cost-effective way to get focused expert help at key points when you’re using agile. Our consultants, who specialise in agile, have the credibility and assurance that comes from working with agile at hundreds of organisations, and they’ll share that real world experience to get you working smarter and better.
If working successfully in an agile way was easy, then everyone would be doing it. Experience shows us that it takes expert direction to achieve a permanent change in working practices. That’s why we offer a blend of training, coaching and consultancy – to be sure that your new knowledge sticks and becomes second nature.
Types of Consultancy
The consultancy we provide when helping you on your agile journey can be delivered in various ways, depending on where you are in the process of adopting agile and which is most cost-effective for you. Here are three examples:
- Launching a project. Ironically, in the rush to be agile many organisations compromise the fundamental building blocks of a project and then suffer the consequences over the long term. We’ll help you lay the foundations correctly by creating a tailored training event or workshop, ranging from a few hours to a few days, to give you focused hands-on help on any aspect of your upfront project work. This would cover things such as roles and responsibilities, scoping, planning, risk assessment, strategies for management, quality and governance, and so on. With agileKRC’s help you can be confident you’ll do it properly – saving you future headaches, improving delivery times and boosting your bottom line.
- Targeted consulting. If you have a specific problem, then targeted advice from an agileKRC consultant could save you many hours or even days. It is quite likely that the problem you’re struggling with is one we have solved many times before. Choose the easy route!
- Remote support. Wouldn’t it be great if you could ‘phone a friend’ any time you had a problem? Well with agileKRC you can. We provide a series of off-line support packages that provide a very cost-effective solution to keep you moving forward. This allows you to maximise the business benefits of agile working without slowing you down.
Your Agile Journey
Working with thousands of organisations helps us to see what gets agile to work and what doesn’t. At agileKRC we have a tried and tested formula for taking you on your journey to agile.
- Assessment. We assess how you’re currently working and what you want to achieve.
- Ignition. We take you through an initial building phase to strengthen your capabilities and carry out initial pilot work.
- Implementation. The new ways of working are rolled out in a series of key steps, with built-in inspection and adaptation as you go along.
You could be looking to improve quality, reduce costs, increase throughput – whatever your goal, we can help you achieve it.
Choosing which consultant to work with is an important decision. If you’re to get the maximum benefit from consultancy it is essential you pick a consultant with experience, credibility and the proven ability to impart their knowledge and wisdom in a useful, accessible way.
Because we understand how essential this is, we spend a great deal of time checking out and referencing all of the agile consultants we use. We like to use the realists and not the theorists. There’s no substitute for learning in the heat of the battle! It is this experience combined with powerful communication skills that make our consultants stand out from the rest.
agileKRC do not believe in off-the-peg consultancy. We believe that any consultancy package has to be tailor-made to suit your needs. This is why we like to run highly collaborative workshops to build a clear understanding of your needs and thereby generate a feeling of partnership and ownership that will survive the test of time. Our style is friendly and professional, but importantly to tell it like it is.
We’re passionate about improving the way you work. To succeed, we need to work with you, listen to you and understand you. Then our help will have a lasting impact.