Why Certified SAFe Agilist qualification?
By acquiring Certified SAFe Agilist certification candidates will be able to address the critical challenges of creating and delivering enterprise-level systems in the shortest time. SAFe Agile gives guidance for all levels of enterprise that are actively involved in solution development including portfolio, program, team, and large solutions.
Holding a Certified SAFe Agilist certification shows your proficiency in implementing lean thinking, SAFe framework, and product development flow principles in an organizational context.
While it is easy to apply agile principles at the team or department level, replicating these benefits at the enterprise level is often challenging due to the scale of the change.
Organizations rely on the Scaled Agile Framework to help them carry out large-scale, multi-team transformations. Certified SAFe Agilists are in high demand due to their well-deserved reputation for leading change through carefully planned program releases while also identifying roles and structures required to scale agile to the program level.
Who should attend SAFe Scaled Agile training?
Scaled Agile training is suitable for any of the following:
- Program or project managers.
- Scrum Masters.
- Agile team leaders.
- Release train engineers.
- Business analysts.
- Agile coaches.
- Portfolio managers.
- Agile consultants.
- Programme managers.
- Solution or systems architects.
SAFe Agile training is applicable to a wide range of sectors and industries. It is particularly well suited to enterprise-level change programmes.
Benefits to individuals
- Learn to apply Lean, agile, and product development flow principles to improve productivity, employee satisfaction, time-to-market, and quality.
- Understand the interaction between agile teams, agile programs, and agile portfolio management.
- Gain insights into what is required to transform your current agile product development.
- Transform agile portfolio management into an efficient machine that delivers a continuous flow of value to your stakeholders and customers with the shortest sustainable time to market.
- Scaled Agile certifications validate your knowledge of agile, lean thinking, and product development flow principles.
- Show employers that you can apply agile in an enterprise context and lead the adoption of the Scaled Agile Framework.
Benefits to organizations
- Certified SAFe Agilists learn to apply the Lean-Agile mindset to their management or leadership role.
- A SAFe certified Scrum Master can learn to easily facilitate and coach multiple Agile Teams in a SAFe organization.
- SAFe product owners provide agile teams with priority and expertise, helping make informed decisions at the feature level.
- SAFe product managers can provide multiple agile teams with feature priorities and expertise while managing stakeholder and customer demand.
- A SAFe certified release train engineer keeps the agile development of an organization on track.
- A SAFe program consultant can confidently bring others to take on SAFe roles and successfully implement the SAFe framework in any organization.
Leading SAFe course features
Certificate: Certified SAFe Agilist 5.0.
Prerequisites: 5+ years of Agile experience (see FAQ).
Format: Virtual classroom.
Duration: 2 days.
Exams: Included (taken online).
Manual: Digital content included.
Course code: SALS5
Leading SAFe course details
- Duration: 2 days.
- Times: 09:00 to 17:00.
- Certified SAFe Agilist exam included.
Becoming a Certified SAFe Agilist requires an exceptional range of skills and provides numerous benefits to qualification holders.
The first step toward becoming a Certified SAFe professional is to attend the Leading SAFe course. This is a requirement as course attendance provides access to relevant study materials and the exam.
Introduction to SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework)
- Learn how Lean, Agile, and product development flow form the basics of the Scaled Agile framework.
- Principles of SAFe.
Incorporating a Lean Agile mindset.
- Recognize and apply the Lean Agile mindset and principles and become a Lean-thinking manager.
Experiencing Program Increment (PI) planning.
- Integrate, deploy, and release value to support PI planning and events in program execution.
- Exploring, executing, and releasing value.
Leading the Lean Agile enterprise.
- Enhance your Lean Agile leadership skills and create high-performing, purpose-bound Agile teams.
- Support a Lean Agile transformation in your enterprise with the SAFe implementation roadmap
Empowering a Lean portfolio
- Apply Lean Agile principles to the roles and principles of SAFe.
- Establish alignment and execution with strategic themes and Lean Portfolio Management (LPM).
Building large solutions
- Understand the seven core competencies in SAFe 5.0 and coordinate the development of large solutions.
This 2-day Leading SAFe 5.0 training course will give you a good understanding of SAFe Agile principles and practices. Successful candidates will learn how to:
- Understand the SAFe® 5.0 framework.
- Apply SAFe® to the already existing Agile and Lean methodologies that are in place at your organisation.
- Harmonise and collaborate with multiple agile teams.
- Coordinate resolutions to the largest issues.
- Support the implementation and transformation of SAFe® into your organisation.
- Build an Agile portfolio.
Certified SAFe® Agilist exam
Version: SAFe 5.0.
Pass mark: 75% (35/45).
Duration: 90 minutes.
Pre-requisites: Leading SAFe 5.0 course and 5+ years’ experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management.
2-day Leading SAFe 5.0 course
- High quality instruction from a Scaled Agile accredited training provider and leading SAFe trainer with 15+ years agile experience.
- All course materials provided as an online PDF, including an attendee workbook, exercises and case study.
- Exam study guide to support Certified SAFe Agilist exam preparation, including access to a practice test.
- Preparation and eligibility to take the Certified SAFe Agilist exam.
- For Scrum Alliance members, this course provides 15 Category C Scrum Education Units (SEUs).
- For PMI members, this course provides 15 Professional Development Units (PDUs).
Upon passing the Certified SAFe® Agilist exam you will also receive, as part of your certification:
- Certified SAFe Agilist PDF certificate.
- Certified SAFe Agilist digital badge to promote your accomplishment online.
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice.
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe certified professionals.
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey.
Why choose us?
agileKRC are Agile experts with over 20 years of experience in Agile Project Management training and consulting, delivering agile courses accredited by the APMG.
Keith Richards, the founder of agileKRC was the Lead Author of AgilePM and DSDM - Dynamic Systems Development Methodology.
Keith has been at the forefront of the agile movement in the UK and has helped to bring agile project management best practices to a wider audience.
What students say
About Leading SAFe training
“The instructors were amazing, and the learning experience was commendable. I would highly recommend this Leading SAFe course.”
“The Leading SAFe training was interactive and we had good discussions among our group. The instructor patiently answered all questions and also leveraged their industry experience with good examples.”
“The training was provided by an excellent professional, with deep knowledge about SAFe and scrum. With the continuous practice exercises, everybody participated. Great workshop.”
“I’m glad I attended the Leading SAFe course, in preparation to the certification. It clarified a lot of things and gave me the context I needed to really appreciate SAFe.”
Get in touch
All courses are accredited by Scaled Agile, Inc. the certifying body of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). The Professional Certification Program provides a valid, reliable, and consistent method of assessing SAFe skills, knowledge, and mindset.
This course is delivered by SAFe Remote Trainers. To gain this recognition, trainers have demonstrated the skills and experienced needed to continually deliver high quality Certified SAFe training via remote online delivery.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, all agile certification courses have been replaced with virtual classroom courses.
Features of a virtual learning environment
Agile virtual classroom courses are a great learning alternative if you want to get your agile certification with the help of an accredited instructor.
What you need
- Any home computer or mobile device.
- Web browser software.
- Audio device.
- Internet connection.
Our virtual classes use the latest educational technology. These are some of the tools which you will use in our virtual classroom:
- Interactive whiteboards.
- Video between you, your trainer and other students.
- Recordings of the classes which you can playback later.
- Online chat rooms where you can talk with other students and get feedback from your instructor.
- Online exam simulators.
- Online quiizes.
- Online live exams.
- Offline materials (AglePM Handbook) to supplant the online teaching.
Benefits of virtual classroom training
Our virtual classes provide all the benefits of distance education combined with an interactive, social learning in an online training environment.
SAFe® and Scaled Agile Framework® are registered trademarks of Scaled Agile, Inc.