Master the art of MoSCoW prioritisation to protect the quality of what you deliver!
This webinar was run for the DSDM Consortium. There was a slight technical hitch for 30 seconds at 9 mins and part of the scenery in the office fell down after 6 minutes!...... but this is what it covered and we were very pleased to receive excellent feedback:
An essential part of working in an Agile way is the ability to prioritise. This enables a team to protect quality and to hit a deadline. However, there is more than one way to do this and one of the most powerful techniques is only used by a small percentage of the Agile community.
The approach in question is the MoSCoW technique.
This webinar looked at prioritisation techniques in general but MoSCoW in particular and it covered:
- Why do we need to prioritise?
- Why would you want to use a different technique to 1,2,3,....n?
- Why do you often complete a 'Could Have' before a 'Must Have'?
- How do you deal with the feeling that 'everything is a Must'
- How to manage business/customer expectations more effectively with MoSCoW?
- What is the difference between a 'Should Have' and a 'Could Have'?
DSDM sees MoSCoW as a very powerful Agile tool that helps you get more from your project management and product delivery. If you want to understand how it really works and how to identify the 'eureka' moment when everyone gets it, then please enjoy this webinar. If you have any questions you would like to ask, please get in touch, or take a look at previous questions and answers from this webinar.