Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
Whether you are new to Agile principles and have an idea of what Scrum is, or have already spent time involved with teams talking about or implementing Scrum, ensuring success with Scrum can be a daunting prospect.
You have understood that the benefits of ‘going agile’ include improving quality, productivity and time to market, but how does this happen in practice? And how can you ensure that you can deliver these process improvements? If you have not undertaken Scrum Training with a formally Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) Trainer then you may be missing key knowledge and skills that will enable you to make the most of the opportunities afforded by effective implementation of Scrum principles and practices.
The 2 day, highly interactive CSM course investigates the Scrum framework in detail from theory and foundations to practical application and pitfalls, covering all the team roles, activities, and artifacts, so that you can be an effective Scrum Master or member of a Scrum team.
What will you learn?
The 2 day Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) training course will give you a sound understanding of Scrum principles and practices in order that you can:
- Participate actively as a Scrum Team member
- Function effectively as the Certified Scrum Master for the Scrum Team
- Deliver a successful Scrum project
- Explain and sell Agile and the Scrum framework to other key stakeholders
- Define and use the full range of Agile and Scrum Artifacts (Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Increment, Burndown Charts, etc.)
- Set-up and facilitate Scrum Meetings (Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective)
- Understand how to employ Scrum in real world circumstances such as distributed Scrum teams, fixed price contracts and third party supplier relationships
- Help your team or organisation to transition to a more Lean and Agile way of working using Scrum
- Understand how to combine the use of Scrum with other Lean and Agile approaches such as Kanban, eXtreme Programming (XP) and Agile Project Management (AgilePM)
Who will this course benefit?
- Anyone who wants to be successful using Scrum
- Anyone who is involved in a Scrum Project across the full range of Scrum roles
- Those newly setting out on their Agile journey
- Those who are already using Agile or Scrum but now want to consolidate their knowledge or address questions that have arisen based on their experience
- Those with the following roles within their organisation:
- Agile Coaches
- Scrum Masters
- Team Leaders
- Development Team Members (Analysts, Architects, Designers, Coders, Testers, etc)
- Project Managers
- Product Owners
- Product Managers
- Process Owners and Managers
- Functional / Departmental Managers
Is this an accredited course?
Yes. This course is accredited by the Scrum Alliance.
What about certification?
Upon completion of this course, you will become a Certified ScrumMaster.
- The Agile Manifesto
- Empirical and Defined Processes
- Scrum Process and Sprints
- The Significance of "Done"
- The Five Scrum Values
- Applicability of Scrum
- Overview of Scrum Roles
- Product Owner
- The Team
- Teamwork and Team Characteristics
- Impact on Traditional Roles
- Sprint Planning Meeting
- Daily Scrum Meeting
- Sprint Review Meeting
- Sprint Retrospective Meeting
- Release Planning Meeting
- Product Backlog
- Product Increment & the Definition of Done
- Sprint Backlog
- Burndown Chart
- Working with Multiple Teams
- Working with Distributed Teams