Certified Team Kanban Practitioner
This one day hands-on course follows the official Lean Kanban University (LKU) training materials provided by David J Anderson, Mike Burrows and other leading Lean Kanban experts.
Using a variety of hands-on exercises and discussions, you will learn about the basics of the Kanban Method and gain a solid understanding of the principles and practices of Kanban. You will be introduced to the “alternative path to agility” offered by Lean Kanban.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Design and implement a Team Kanban board
- Understand the basics of visualising different types of work
- Understand how to proceed to the next level with Kanban
Who will this course benefit?
This Certified Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP) course is beneficial for anyone who is part of a product development or knowledge work environment and who is interested in discovering how Kanban can help improve working environments. Kanban works across multiple functions of an organisation, from senior members of staff looking to adopt Lean Management to members of delivery teams willing to improve their working practices.
Previous participants of this course include those in senior management positions as well as programme and project managers; product managers; product owners; business analysts; scrum team members; scrum masters; team leads; change agents; product and software developers and testers as well as agile coaches and practitioners.
- The sustainability agenda to address overburdening
- Principles and practices of the Kanban method
- Meanings of Kanban
- Basic Kanban concepts
- Visual boards
- Cycle-time metrics
- Work in progress limits (WIP)
- Delivery rate and Little’s Law
- Overview of the seven Kanban cadences
- Daily standup meeting
- Replenishment meeting
- Lean Kanban interactive simulation (getKanban or Featureban)
- Different board designs (including Personal Kanban)
- WIP limits
- Types of risk
- Design-a-board exercise
- Introduction to other Kanban topics
- Service delivery workflow Kanban
- Service-orientated agenda
- Proto-Kanban versus full Kanban system
- Benefits of extending Kanban up/down workflow
- Overview of STATIK
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
However, delegates are encouraged to have read one of the following Kanban books:
Kanban by David J Anderson, or
Kanban from the Inside by Mike Burrows