Certified Kanban Management Professional (KMP 2)
This two day hands-on course follows the official Lean Kanban University (LKU) training materials produced by David J Anderson, Mike Burrows and other leading Lean Kanban experts.
Using a blend of hands-on exercises and discussions, this course is designed to provide delegates with a solid understanding of the rollout and daily operation of a Kanban system.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify which Kanban initiative is most appropriate for your organisation and how to manage and evolve it over time without trauma
- Improve agility with asymmetrical commitment and cadences
Who will this course benefit?
This course is beneficial for anyone who is part of a product development or knowledge work environment and who is interested in discovering how Kanban can help improve working environments. Kanban works across multiple functions of an organisation, from senior members of staff looking to adopt Lean Management to members of delivery teams willing to improve their working practices.
Previous participants include those in senior management positions as well as programme and project managers; product managers; product owners; business analysts; scrum team members; scrum masters; team leads; change agents; product and software developers and testers as well as agile coaches and practitioners.
On completion of this KMP 2 course, participants will receive the Kanban Management Professional certificate from Lean Kanban University (LKU) as well as membership of LKU.
The course follows the official LKU Certified Kanban Management Professional syllabus. During the course you will have the opportunity to discuss:
- Building an information flow: the 7 cadences
- Dealing with resistance to WIP limits
- Understanding asymmetrical commitment
- Rollout phases for a Kanban initiative
- Developing a service orientation
- Kanban values: a different approach to introducing Kanban
- Scrumban case study
- Managing evolutionary change
Prior attendance to one of the following courses:
- Certified Kanban Management Professional (KMP 1)
- Lean Kanban University Foundation level class such as Getting Started with Kanban
- Certified Kanban Practitioner