Agile Business Analysis (AgileBA®) Foundation
This 3-day training course explores the most popular agile approaches and uses the DSDM Agile Project Framework to take the Agile Business Analyst through the phases of an agile project.
You will gain a practical understanding of the difference between agile business analysis and traditional business analysis, including a detailed definition of an agile business case and how this differs from a traditional business case.
For an organisation to stay ahead of the competition, it is essential that they reduce the time it takes to deliver business change effectively. This course explains how to use agile development approaches that enable project teams to be more responsive to customer expectations and to deliver business value early.
This course in Agile Business Analysis will enable delegates to:
- Successfully gather, analyse, validate and champion the requirements throughout an agile project
- Identify stakeholders, personas and their involvement in agile
- Describe the competencies and techniques of an Agile Business Analyst
- Understand the BA role in the agile team and the organisation
- Capture and manage effective requirements for incremental solution delivery
- Recognise how an agile business case differs from a traditional business case and present a lean business canvas
- Learn how modelling techniques fit into an agile environment
- Understand the importance of facilitated workshops
- Understand the different ways of working as a BA in agile
Who should attend?
- Business Analysts
- Product Owners and business representatives
- Project Managers
- Developers in agile teams
- Testers in agile teams
What is included in the cost?
- All course materials
- A printed copy of the PowerPoint slides and exercises
- Your copy of the Agile Business Analysis Handbook
- The AgileBA Foundation exam fee
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the course
- Your e-certificate upon successful completion of the course
Why choose agileKRC?
The agileKRC team contains specialists across all of the agile disciplines and you can expect high quality delivery and results. We keep our classes to a maximum of 12 participants to allow each person the attention they need.
Our trainers have years of experience in both teaching agile and working in agile project environments. They are amongst the most highly qualified trainers in the UK, and bring real-world experience into every course.
The holistic view of the business
- The agile BA role in relation to mission and objectives
- How to analyse the business environment
- Measuring the success of implementing change
The agile landscape
- What is agile? Appraoches and frameworks
- Why is agile needed?
- Role and responsibilities of the Agile BA and Agile team
- Stakeholder types / personas
- RACI and RASCI in Agile
- Empowerment of Stakeholders in an Agile project
Dealing with Requirements
- The Agile approach to requirements
- User Stories, Epics, Acceptance Criteria
- The Agile Business Analyst’s link to quality and testing
- The Agile Requirements Life Cycle
- Checking completeness
The Agile Business Case
- Strategic and project business cases
- Understanding the business problem
- As Is, To Be, Abstraction
- Gap Analysis and Value Streams
- The role of Facilitation in Agile
- How to organise and run a Facilitated Workshop
- Combining and prioritising requirements
- Customer perception and expectation
Modelling and prototyping
- 6 perspectives for modelling
- Tacit information
- Reasons and perspectives for prototyping
Working in a timebox
- Timebox structure and iterative development
Is this an accredited course?
Yes. This course is accredited by the APMG and was created in conjunction with the DSDM Consortium.
What about certification?
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will receive an APMG Foundation Certificate in Agile Business Analysis (AgileBA).
Is there any pre-course reading?
Pre-course reading is beneficial but not essential.
Will I need to do any homework during the course?
Some evening work is required.
Are there any pre-requisites for completing this course?
There are no pre-requisites for the course.
Is there an examination included with this course?
Yes. You will sit the AgileBA Foundation paper on the third day, which is a 40-minute multiple choice paper. Successful candidates will receive an APMG Foundation Certificate in Agile Business Analysis (AgileBA) .