Certified SAFe Agilist (SA)
Successful scaling of Agile beyond the single team is one of the most important challenges faced by many organisations. Core Scrum provides no guidance on how to do this, and unofficial techniques such as Scrum-of-Scrums go only some way to providing an answer and are not widely understood.
This two-day SAFe training course provides a complete approach for large-scale, multi-team Agile Projects and programs. It builds upon the use of Scrum and XP by Agile teams with specific Program practices and roles for Agile Architecture, Release Train Planning and management of the Product Vision, Roadmap and Program Backlog. At the overall Portfolio level, SAFe utilises concepts of Lean Thinking and Kanban for the management of Architectural and Business Epics within agreed investment themes.
Delegates learn to apply lean, agile and product development flow principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market and quality. This training is delivered by Scaled Agile experts.
This Certified SAFe Agilist training gives you the knowledge required to lead an enterprise agile transformation using the Scaled Agile Framework.
Who is the Certified SAFe Agilist course suitable for?
This leading SAFe training course is aimed at executives, managers, consultants, coaches and Agile change agents responsible for leading a Lean/Agile change initiative in a large software enterprise.
There is no specific preparation required for this course but delegates should have at least 5 years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management and some experience in Scrum. Delegates wishing to undertake background reading prior to the course should refer to www.scaledagileframework.com
What about Certification?
Upon successful completion of this SAFe training course, delegates will be eligible to take the on -line Scaled Agile Academy SAFe Agilist exam. On passing the exam, participants will become Certified SAFe Agilists and will have the option to appear on the Certified SA directory and have access to the Scaled Agile Academy LinkedIn community. Exam retakes are £50 and can be taken 90 days or more after the previous exam. Annual renewal requires 10 continuing education/ outreach hours and currently costs £100 payable to the Scaled Agile Academy.
What does my course cost cover?
Your course cost covers 2 days of high quality from an Agile Alliance Founder with 20 years experience of Agile. This trainer is unique amongst Agile consultants in that as well as being Certified to deliver SAFe Training, the trainer is also a Certified Scrum Trainer and an Accredited Kanban Trainer. Also included are all course materials, which includes a print copy of the course slides, exercises and case study; all applicable exam fees; lunches and refreshments whilst on the course and a certificate upon successful completion of the course. We are also happy to provide you with an attendance certificate if required. There are no further costs to pay.
When will I get my joining instructions?
Joining instructions are sent out approximately 2 weeks before a training course starts. You can request these earlier however, as long as you have confirmed your booking.
- Introduction to the Scaled Agile Framework
- An overview of Lean Software Development and Product Development Flow
- Application of Agile development in the enterprise context
- Business Benefits.
- An experiential walkthrough of “SAFe/ Scrum/XP”, focusing on scalable technical project management and economic prioritisation practices that enable scaling at the program and portfolio level.
- Train Identification; implementation and execution of Agile Release Trains which are long-lived programs whereby teams-of-agile-teams optimise quality and velocity of delivery for the enterprises larger value streams
- Agile transformational patterns for Strategy and Investment Funding, Program Management and Governance.
- Principles of Agile Architecture, the role of System and Enterprise Architects and Architecting with Flow.
- Scaling Enterprise Lean/Agile leadership.