PRINCE2 Agile® Practitioner
PRINCE2 Agile was created by bringing together two different ways of working. PRINCE2 is a proven approach to project management and an industry standard that has the principles and processes that can be applied to any project. PRINCE2 Agile addresses the needs of project managers working in Agile environments, as well as the needs of Agile teams looking for more governance and control when their work becomes larger and more complex.
This course will show you how to combine the product focus of agile with the project management governance of PRINCE2 in order to provide a holistic approach to the project as a whole.
This course covers the new qualification from AXELOS which represents an extension to PRINCE2®. The course uses a combination of practical exercises and theory to show delegates how to use PRINCE2 in an agile context. The course ends with an exam that allows you to achieve PRINCE2 Agile® Practitioner status.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Tailor PRINCE2 to work effectively in an agile context
- Apply the principles, processes and themes of PRINCE2 whilst working in an agile way
- Configure PRINCE2 appropriately to different agile situations
- Incorporate the agile frameworks, behaviours, concepts and techniques to increase the chances of successful project delivery
Currently you can only take the PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner exam if you hold (or have held) any of the following qualifications:
- PRINCE2 Foundation
- PRINCE2 Practitioner
- Project Management Professional® (PMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management® (CAPM)
- IPMA Levels A,B,C and D® (Certified Projects Director)
- PRINCE2 Agile Foundation (New since July 2018)
As there is minimal time spent on recapping PRINCE2, we recommend that you (re-) familiarise yourself with the basics of PRINCE2 before attending the course. This course builds on the candidates existing knowledge of PRINCE2, therefore out of date knowledge or gaps in understanding will put you at slight disadvantage.
Duration and Location:
3-day non-residential, London courses are held at Grosvenor Place, London SW1 (near Hyde Park Corner tube and 10 minutes from Victoria Station)
Practitioner exam at the end of day 3
Why choose agileKRC?
We are the PRINCE2 Agile specialists. Keith Richards is the founder and director of agileKRC, a company that has specialised in bringing the benefits of Agile and Lean to organisations since the late 1990's. In 2014 Keith was selected by AXELOS to be the lead author for PRINCE2 Agile, which involved an international collaboration of more than 40 people of varied experience from different backgrounds across the whole spectrum of project management and Agile. Keith is also the Chief Examiner for Prince2 Agile for AXELOS.
Introduction - what is PRINCE2 Agile?
- Projects and BAU
- What is agile?
- The PRINCE2 Agile Journey
- The PRINCE2 Agile Hexagon—what to fix and flex
Starting Up a Project and Initiating a Project
- Assessing value, Cynefin
Requirements and User Stories
- Prioritisation (including MoSCow)
- Change (including the feedback loop)
Principles and behaviours
The Agilometer and Risk
Managing Product Delivery
- The Scrum Framework
- Plans and Progress
- Estimation, Burn charts and Information Radiators
- Work Packages
Quality (including the definition of ‘Done’)
Controlling a Stage and Managing a Stage Boundary
- Frequent releases and Retrospectives
Directing a Project
Closing a Project
The PRINCE2 Management Products
Rich communication (including Workshops)
Kanban and The Kanban Method
General guidance (including Project Health Check, transitioning, Project Managements hints and tips)
PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner Exam
Is this an accredited course?
Yes. PRINCE2 Agile is accredited by AXELOS.
What is the exam structure?
You will sit the PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner paper on the third day, which is a 2½ hour, open book, objective testing style exam (OTE, which basically means complex multiple choice). You are permitted to use your PRINCE2 Agile Manual during the exam. The exam is structured using 5 groups of questions with a total of 50 marks.
Is there any pre-course reading?
agileKRC recommends that approximately 5 hours of pre-course reading would be beneficial and will give a delegate a good level of understanding in order to complete the course in the best possible way.
What does my course cost cover?
What does my course cost cover?
- All course materials
- A printed copy of the PowerPoint slides, exercises and case study
- Your copy of the PRINCE2 Agile Manual
- All applicable exam fees
- Your lunches and refreshments whilst on the course
- Your e-certificate upon successful completion of the course. We are also happy to provide you with an attendance certificate if required too
- There are no further costs to pay
When will I get my joining instructions and pre-course reading material?
You will receive your joining instructions and the PRINCE2 Agile Manual approximately 2 weeks before a training course starts. You can request these earlier, however you will need to have confirmed your booking.
Copyrights and Trademarks
We acknowledge the trademarks of all logos and brand names belonging to other companies on this site. This includes:
AXELOS® —PRINCE2 Agile® and PRINCE2® are registered trademarks of AXELOS Limited.