Why Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)?
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) qualifications are accredited by the Scrum Alliance. Founded by the creator of Scrum and proponent of Agile – Ken Schwaber – Scrum Alliance certifications are instantly recognizable and respected internationally, as are Scrum Alliance certified Scrum practitioners.
Acquiring certification from Scrum Alliance is guaranteed to improve your marketability as a Scrum practitioner and improve your chances of being hired to your desired Scrum role. Due to the growing popularity of the Scrum frameworks, earning your certification will lead to improved career opportunities in all industries that are readily adopting Scrum practices.
Stand out to employers
Your CSPO qualification is a visible and convenient indication to potential employers that you understand the basics of Scrum and can collaborate with Scrum practitioners to continuously improve the organization’s delivery time. CSPO certified Scrum practitioners are known to deliver the highest quality product to customers on time and within the budget limit. Employers can be confident in your ability to ensure the success of a project.
It’s a natural career progression path for many roles
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) is particularly useful for business analysts, product owners, product managers and anyone interested in the business side of projects.
Who should attend Agile Scrum training?
Agile Scrum training is suitable for any of the following:
- Those who wish to adopt the Agile Scrum framework for use in their organization.
- Members of cross-functional teams within an Agile Scrum project, including software developers, Scrum Masters, agile business analysts, agile project managers, agile product owners, and more!
- Candidates who wish to supplement their existing skills set with a globally recognized agile certification and improve their marketability.
- Those whose role involves the oversight or management of agile development teams.
- Project managers who wish to move into a contemporary agile project management role or improve their current project development cycle by adopting select agile practices.
- Those who have no prior experience in agile and want to learn more about this flexible, practical and increasingly popular framework!
Agile Scrum training applies to a wide range of sectors and industries. It is particularly well suited to volatile and innovative projects, where scope is more likely to change (i.e. software development).
Benefits to individuals
- Learn the guiding principles and themes of Scrum from training devised by the founding father of Scrum, Ken Schwaber.
- Demonstrate to potential employers and co-workers that you have a comprehensive and practical understanding of the Scrum approach and its’ components.
- Improve your marketability in any chosen role by adding an internationally recognized agile certification to your resume, expanding your career opportunities, and maintaining a relevant skillset.
- Join a global community of Scrum and Agile experts committed to the continuous improvement of their professions.
Benefits to organizations
- Agile Scrum was created for use in the IT industry, but there are no limits to where Scrum can transform your work. Scrum has been successfully implemented across almost every industry.
- Scrum has been used to manage complex products for more than 2 decades. It’s the most popular and widely used agile framework and has been successfully applied to various projects and teams.
- Teams that use agile frameworks like Scrum react more quickly and accurately to change. By staying focused, collaborating, and communicating, agile teams can accomplish any goal.
- Companies that adopt agile frameworks like Scrum benefit from increased ability to manage changing priorities, better visibility into projects, better alignment between business and IT, and quicker development times.
- Scrum helps businesses meet complex, changing needs while creating high-quality products and services.
- Frequent “inspect and adapt” cycles reduce waste and minimize risk.
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) course features
Accredited by: Scrum Alliance.
Certificate: Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO).
Format: Virtual classroom.
Duration: 2 days.
Exams: Not applicable.
Course code: CSPO
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) course details
- Duration: 2 days.
- Times: 09:00 to 17:00.
None, upon completion of this course you will receive a welcome email from Scrum Alliance prompting you to accept the license agreement for your CSPO certification. After accepting the agreement, you will be able to download and print copies of your certification.
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) qualification teaches Scrum product owner core competencies, purpose and strategy, customer and user management, product assumptions and product backlog management.
This Scrum course is a pre-requisite for the Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner and Certified Scrum Professional®-Product Owner qualifications.
Scrum framework overview
- Sprints, increments and releases.
- The Scrum roles: Product owner, Scrum Master, development teams.
- Teamwork and impact on traditional roles.
- Scrum with third party contractual relationships.
- Scrum meetings.
Product vision and roadmap
- Stakeholder engagement and management.
- Product business model and market analysis.
- Setting project scope and objectives..
- Defining and communicating the product vision.
Building and managing the product backlog
- Defining product backlog items.
- User stories and other requirements techniques.
- Prioritizing and ordering the product backlog.
- Splitting and sizing backlog items.
- Prioritization – MoSCoW and Kano analysis.
- The definition of ‘done.’
- Understanding the sprint backlog.
- The daily Scrum meeting.
- Acceptance criteria and acceptance testing.
- The sprint review meeting.
- Burn down charts and Scrum boards.
- The sprint retrospective.
- Release planning.
- Estimating and velocity.
- Progress tracking and forecasting.
Scaling the product owner role in Scrum
- Product ownership with multiple scrum teams.
- Product ownership with distributed scrum teams.
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) exam
Unlike the Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) course, the Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) course is not examined.
Delegates automatically gain CSPO certification after registration with the Scrum Alliance.
This 2-day Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) training course will give you a good understanding of Scrum Product Owner principles and practices. Successful candidates will learn how to:
- Discuss organizational contexts that affect the approach to the product owner role.
- Identify the impact of anti-patterns that might exist for product owners.
- Provide transparency to stakeholders on progress toward goals.
- Overcome the challenges of being a product owner for multiple teams.
- Describe how to plan a product release.
- Describe why a product owner performs discovery and validation work.
- How to prioritize conflicting customer (or user) needs.
- Identify how product discovery contributes to successful product outcomes.
- Identify the benefits of development team direct interactions.
- Validate product assumptions by their cost and quality of learning.
- Describe the relationship between outcome and output and describe the attributes of a product backlog item that help assess maximizing outcome.
- Describe multiple approaches to product backlog refinement.
2-day Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) course
- 2 days of high-quality, interactive training from a Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer® and Agile expert with almost 20 years’ training and consulting experience.
- Course materials handbook (online PDF).
- Certified Scrum Product Owner Certification upon successful completion of the course and registration with the Scrum Alliance (course is not examined).
- 2 years’ membership to the Scrum Alliance.
- For PMI Project Management Professionals (PMPs), this course provides 16 Professional Development Units (PDUs).
- Agil8 Community membership including face-to-face and virtual networking and knowledge sharing opportunities, access to industry experts, special offers and invitations to special events.
Why choose us?
agileKRC are Agile experts with over 20 years of experience in Agile Project Management training and consulting, delivering agile courses accredited by the APMG.
Keith Richards, the founder of agileKRC was the Lead Author of AgilePM and DSDM - Dynamic Systems Development Methodology.
Keith has been at the forefront of the agile movement in the UK and has helped to bring agile project management best practices to a wider audience.
What students say
About Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certifications
“Excellent instructor brought a wealth of knowledge and first-hand experience to the course delivery. Through the training I feel well equipped to be an effective product owner.”
“Although I have been working as a product owner, I felt I wanted to refresh my knowledge on the theory behind the framework. This course examined the theory but in a very interactive way, that kept our attention and helped us put things into practice immediately.”
“I really enjoyed the product owner training. Some of items we covered reinforced things that I already do. There were also some new tips and ideas which I feel will help me to approach challenges differently.”
“The course was excellent. It was interactive and brought practical applications to life.”
Get in touch
All courses are accredited by Scrum Alliance, the only member-driven non-profit certifying body in the agile space.
All course content is delivered by a professionally accredited Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), vetted by Scrum Alliance.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, all agile certification courses have been replaced with virtual classroom courses.
Features of a virtual learning environment
Agile virtual classroom courses are a great learning alternative if you want to get your agile certification with the help of an accredited instructor.
What you need
- Any home computer or mobile device.
- Web browser software.
- Audio device.
- Internet connection.
Our virtual classes use the latest educational technology. These are some of the tools which you will use in our virtual classroom:
- Interactive whiteboards.
- Video between you, your trainer and other students.
- Recordings of the classes which you can playback later.
- Online chat rooms where you can talk with other students and get feedback from your instructor.
- Online exam simulators.
- Online quiizes.
- Online live exams.
- Offline materials (AglePM Handbook) to supplant the online teaching.
Benefits of virtual classroom training
Our virtual classes provide all the benefits of distance education combined with an interactive, social learning in an online training environment.